The Governing Body - Academy Improvement Committee at Godley Community Primary Academy
Our Governors are group of volunteers who are dedicated and committed to our academy. They meet formally 6 times a year and discuss the strategic direction of the school and monitor our finances.
Who are School Governors and what do they do?
School governors come from every walk of life. Each individual governor is a member of a Governing Body, which is established by law as a corporate body. Individual governors must not act independently for the rest of the Governing Body. Decisions are the joint responsibility of the Governing Body.
The role of the Governing Body is a strategic one, and its key functions are to:
- Set the aims and objectives for the school
- Set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- Set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- Monitor & evaluate the progress the school is making towards the achievement of its aims and objectives
- Be a source of challenge & support to the Headteacher (a critical friend)
Membership of the Governing Body
The Instrument of Government sets out the composition of your Governing Body. At
Godley Primary , the Governing Body consists of:
1 Parent Governor
3 Co-opted Governors
1 Staff Governor.